Grishko 2007

IMG_0400film

IMG_0403film

IMG_0417film

IMG_0404film
see more on my flickr.

These are my first pair of ballet pointe shoes. They're Grishkos, model- 2007.
Handmade in Russia. I adore adore them.
In the third to last photo, going down on the right side:
1) Gellows, which are gel padding to fill up the space that my thin feet lacks and also to help cushion my toes so they're not directly standing on the box. (In pointe shoes, think- standing on the literal tip of your toes, not tiptoeing).
2) Ribbons
3) Elastics, to make sure the shoes stay on
4) Toe spacers, to straighten and adjust my toes, help my bunion, and make sure the gap between my big toe and the second toe is filled so the toes are straight when all 90 some pounds of me are literally on the first two toes etc...
5) (not pictured) talc powder, to help the gellows sit better during use


Been really off my game lately, the past three weeks.
Decided to edit some overdue photos from January to get negativity off my mind.
Wishing I could be in Italia, right now, where everything is good, sunny, and always joyful. Where I can take a dip in the Mediterranean and know that the clear blue waters wash away my worries and sins. Looking forward to graduation, summer (time filled with pool-going, film cameras, beach, ice cream, reading, and exploring), and going on the family vacation.
I should get back to shooting soon.
mood: peaceful
currently listening to: Crazy For You (album) | Best Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment

"a photo and abstract writing blog. filled with recurring themes of 'nostalgia' 'water' 'fog' and this... lost childhood love perhaps."

Personal Equipment Used:
Nikon Fe
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
iPhone 6+
Fujifilm Instax Mini 25
Epson Stylus 420nx Scanner